The Mission of the National Public Procurement Authority is to regulate and monitor public procurement in Sierra Leone and to advise Government on issues relating to public procurement.
Moses Ngebeh, Head of Procurement Department
- Provide interpretation of the Act and other instruments governing the procurement process;
- Issue out standard forms of contract and standard bidding documents for mandatory use by all Miniseries, Departments and Agencies including Local Councils;
- Assist MDAs including Local Councils in the preparation of annual procurement plans;
- The department also provides professional advice in the management of works contracts and training of Procurement officers in all MDAs on public procurement practices and procedures in Sierra Leone;
- Provide technical guidance to procuring entities in establishing procurement structures in accordance with the Public Procurement Act 2004;
- Visitations to various work sites to ascertain the status of civil works all over the country;
- Provide Help Desk, giving technical support for the reviewing of all procurement actions in accordance with the public procurement Act 2004 by all MDAs including Local Councils.
Save Public Money
Delivering the best overall value to the Institute"Procurement monitoring ensures fairness, transparency and professionalism”
In modern democratic dispensations and economies, the world is turning its eyes and maintaining zero tolerance to corruption.
Transparency in selection process, to ensure equal opportunities for all eligible bidders
An inefficient and ineffective procurement system has a serious negative effect on good governance
Good procurement management promotes national development”- Dr Kaifala Marrah
Identifying and recommending environmentally responsible procurement practices