According to Section 14 Sub section 2c; the Capacity Building Department of the National Public Procurement Authority organized series of day long sensitization workshops for all the nineteen Local Councils and Private Sector Service Providers in Sierra Leone on their roles in Public Procurement, on the theme:
’’ Effective Procurement for Sustainable Economic Development in Sierra Leone’’
The main objectives of these sensitization workshops were:
- To give an overview on public procurement in Sierra Leone
- To highlight the procurement structures in the Local Councils with emphasis on their roles and responsibilities as prescribed by law.
- To create understanding on the importance and benefits of a sound procurement system in Sierra Leone as a prerequisite for sustainable socio economic development.
- To understand the effects of procurement monitoring on service delivery at the Local Councils.
- To enhance understanding of the role of the Independent Procurement Review Panel (IPRP) in the procurement process.