NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR PRIVATISATION (NCP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ASSET VALUATION, BUSINESS VALUATION AND
PREPARATION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION MEMORANDUM FOR THE SIERRA LEONE
TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY (SIERRATEL)
1. The National Commission for Privatization (NCP) has the mandate for the implementation of Public Enterprises Reform and Restructuring under the Privatisation and Commercialisation Programme of the Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL).
2. The NCP in collaboration with the Ministry of Information and Communication (MIC) intends to award a contract for the valuation of assets and business of Sierra Leone Telecommunications Company Limited (Sierratel), together with preparation of confidential information memorandum (CIM). Sierratel’s assets are mainly located in the Western Area; regional head quarters of Bo, Kenema, and Makeni; and district headquarters plus some major towns in the provinces.
3. As part of this exercise, the Government of Sierra Leone through NCP, MIC and Sierratel hereby request for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from prospective business and asset valuation consultants with the technical expertise and relevant experience to undertake the exercise
4. The contract is to be awarded through international competitive bidding of shortlisted consultants that meets the criteria listed below.
5. Short listing criteria:
Prospective Valuation Consultants, including joint ventures and or consortium should fulfill and provide the following:
1. A copy of a valid business license and registration certificate,
2. A copy of a valid Tax Clearance Certificate,
3. Experience in the valuation of telecoms related business within the last ten (10) years
4. Certified examples of experience in the valuation of freehold land, buildings and mechanical & electrical equipment within the last ten (10) years
5. Copies of the most recent audited accounts and management accounts
6. Expression of interest letter addressed to the Chairman NCP, 5th Floor, Lotto Building, Tower Hill, Freetown.
Successful/Shortlisted applicants Shortlisted/successful applicants will be:
a. Notified about the outcome of the evaluation within one (1) week from the deadline date for submission of EOIs
b. Requested to purchase the Request for Proposal (RFP) document for the asset and business valuation of Sierratel and Preparation of CIM at a non-refundable cost of USD 2,000.00 or equivalent in Leones.
c. To submit a Technical and Financial proposals within three (3) weeks from date of issue of RFP.
Submission of EOIs
All EOIs must be placed in a sealed envelope marked “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR THE BUSINESS & ASSET VALUATION AND PREPARATION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION MEMORANDUM”. This envelope should be placed and sealed in an outer envelope marked at the top right corner “BUSINESS & ASSET VALUATION AND PREPARATION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION MEMORANDUM” and the bottom marked “DO NOT OPEN, UNLESS IN THE PRESENCE OF EVALUATION COMMITTEE. Sealed envelopes containing application should be delivered to the address below not later than Wednesday 26th April 2017 on or before 13.00 hours GMT:
National Commission for Privatization
5th Floor, Lotto Building, Tower Hill Freetown, Sierra Leone